Knowledge-based translational medicine is a rapidly growing discipline in biomedical research and aims to expedite the discovery of new diagnostic tools and treatments by using a multi-disciplinary, highly collaborative, "bench-to-bedside" approach. Large amounts of multi-omics, imaging (medical and molecular) and clinical data can now be captured for given patient populations. In addition to the challenges of data curation and harmonisation, new computational methods are required to identify molecular signatures that suggest disease subtype. These signatures may be predictive of outcome or progression, and impact on disease management by suggesting personalised therapeutic strategies for patients. Such approaches will further the development of a new taxonomy of disease.
In the TransMed COSI meeting, we will explore the current status of computational biology approaches within the field of translational medicine.
Information of previous TransMed meeting(s) can be found here.
Link to the ISMB/ECCB 2021 website is: here.
The TransMed 2021 meeting is a virtual event that takes place on July 25 - 26, 2021, during the ISMB/ECCB 2021 conference.
Topics of interest
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Clinical and molecular data storage and integration infrastructure, including: data warehousing for translational medicine, multi-‘omics and clinical data integration, data visualization in translational medicine
* Curation and harmonization of clinical, ‘omics and imaging data, including: standards and ontologies in translational medicine, biomedical text mining and semantic representation
* Data analytics for patient stratification, biomarker and target discovery, including: disease subtype discovery, Electronic Health Records integration, translational imaging, multi-scale modelling, high performance and cloud computing in translational medicine, mathematical modelling for disease processes, pathways and networks
* Computational approaches for target selection and drug discovery, including: druggability assessment and target selection, polypharmacology, drug reuse, chemical library design, virtual screening technologies, drug discovery enabler pipelines and databases, chemical tool analysis
* ADME/PK and Tox models, including: databases and modeling approaches for ADME and PK, machine learning approaches to predicting toxicity, modeling of pharmacokinetics to man and model organism utility models
* Translational Medicine Informatics Applications/Case Studies, including: Next generation sequencing annotation and biomedicine applications, clinical data integration and application
Prof. Kenneth D. Mandl, Harvard Medical School
Keynote title: TBD
Dr Serena Scollen, ELIXIR - EUROPE
Keynote title: TBD
Time zone: CEST
|Start time||End time||Type||Topic||Speaker|
|10:40 AM||11:20 AM||Keynote||The topic will be published soon after confirmation with the speaker||Name|
|11:20 AM||11:40 AM||Proceedings||The topic will be published soon after confirmation with the speaker||Name|
|11:40 AM||12:30 AM||
|12:40 AM||12:50 AM||Short talk||The topic will be published soon after confirmation with the speaker||Name|
Authors are invited to submit abstracts (1 page) for presentations and posters by May 6, 2021. Acceptance notification will be sent out by May 27, 2021. The deadline for late poster submission is June 3, 2021, with acceptance notification on June 10, 2021.
For proceedings submission, the deadline is January 28, 2021.
Please use the EasyChair submission system here.
Please note: Participants are encouraged to use the FAIRDOMHub platform to create and maintain pages for projects that should be presented during the TransMed 2021.
Abstract submissions deadline:
May 6, 2021 (EDT)
Poster and Presentation acceptance notifications:
May 27, 2021
Late Posters submissions deadline:
June 3, 2021 (EDT)
Late Posters Acceptance Notifications:
June 10, 2021
*Poster & Talk Pre-recorded talk presentations uploaded for virtual conference platform:
July 8, 2021
TransMed 2021 COSI meeting:
July 25 - 26, 2021
Detailed information can be found: here.
Please follow the registration page on the ISMB website: TransMed COSI Registration.
Venkata Satagopam - Luxembourg Centre For Systems Biomedicine (LCSB), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Reinhard Schneider - Luxembourg Centre For Systems Biomedicine (LCSB), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Maria Secrier - University College London, UK
Wei Gu - Luxembourg Centre For Systems Biomedicine (LCSB), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Mansoor Saqi - King’s College London, UK
Irina Balaur - Luxembourg Centre For Systems Biomedicine (LCSB), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Meet the Organizing committee here.
Programme committee (alphabetical order)
Name, Institute, Country
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by our slack workspace.
Linkedin: Translational Medical Informatics Group
Please check our page on open positions here. Alternatively, please feel free to contact us directly.
The current TransMed logo was designed by Belinda Hanson.